· Continue ISP’s existing science outreach programs
around the country.
· Traveling science exhibits that will also create an additional
revenue source for the science center.
· Mobile science exhibits to create portable science
centers in various counties around the State of West Virginia, throughout the Ohio
Valley, and Appalachia.
· Distance learning lab to provide Internet activities
with various schools around the country that will also create additional
· Create or strengthen relationships with the other
science related facilities in Wheeling such as
the Challenger Learning Center at Wheeling
NASA Education Resource Center at Wheeling
The Center for Educational Technologies at Wheeling
The Schrader Environmental Education
Center at Oglebay
Institute, The Good Zoo and Benedum Planetarium, and the Children’s
Museum of the Ohio
· Educational science exhibits in the Science Center
that will be linked to the learning outcomes for West Virginia, Ohio and
Pennsylvania to help support the existing curriculum of schools
who visit the Science Center from those states.
· Continue existing professional development through the
Science Center with the programs in cooperation with
education credits, master degree or doctoral
· Establish one of the first and the largest African
American owned and operated Science Centers in the nation.
· Continue to be Ambassadors for the State of West Virginia around the country exemplifying the quality of science education
that is developed in our state.
· Increase the level of tourism in the State of West Virginia and the
City of Wheeling.
· Create functioning labs that are eligible for funding
that will also create another revenue stream for continued
operations of the Science